Front-Door Store Pickup Starting Thursday, May 28
Front-door store pickup will be available starting this Thursday, May 28th. As part of Mayor Bowser’s pilot program for safely re-opening business in DC we’ve been approved for a waiver to allow pickup at the shop. Here's what you need to know:
- If you have orders waiting for you at Mr. Henry’s, please pick them up! Orders will remain at Mr. Henry's through the weekend. Picking your order up soon will be a huge help to all of us in avoiding confusion and misplaced orders as we transition back to our space for pickups. Next week, all orders will have to be picked up at the shop.
- Shop pickup hours will be Tuesday-Sunday, 11am-1pm and 5pm-7pm. Shop hours for phone and email orders will remain Monday-Friday, 1pm-5pm.
- Our waiver covers only contactless pickup—your order must be pre-paid, bagged and ready for you to “grab & go.” We won’t be able to take any kind of payment at the shop.
- To facilitate contactless pickup, we've set up a scheduling system for order pickup. You'll receive information on scheduling your pickup with the email or phone call confirming that your order is ready for pickup. Please don't try to pick up your order until you receive a message from us telling you your order is ready for pickup.
- All social-distancing rules apply to pickup. You'll see arrows indicating the one-way path from the Pennsylvania Ave entrance to our 2nd doorway for pickup, and out the back of the shopping center onto D St SE. Wear a mask and stay at least 6 feet from others when picking up your order.
- As always, let us know if you have trouble physically accessing our space. We know it's a difficult space and we'll work with you to get you your order.
East City Bookshop presents: Stay-at-Home Surprise Packs
Hello friends! Do you miss our selection of journals, gifts, art supplies, toys, greeting cards and other fun items? Fear not, we’re here with ECB Stay-at-Home Surprise Packs! Here’s how it works: you select the price point and tell us a bit about the recipient, we’ll pick the perfect items, pack them up, and send your pack on its way to spread love and good vibes.
Fill out this Google Form and we’ll get started on your surprise!
Please note: given our limited staff at present, Surprise Pack orders may take a few days to ship. Because these are custom packs, individual items can’t be returned.
New Stay-at-Home Surprise Pack added: Greeting Cards!
We don't want you to be without our cards! Want to send a snail mail surprise to your friends and neighbors? Fill out this Google form to receive a fun assortment of greeting cards.
Get the inside story--read the latest issue of our store newsletter.