- About East City
- Subscription Boxes
- Kids, Parents, Schools
- Staff Picks
You are here
Dory Fantasmagory (Hardcover)
Get It In 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Dory Fantasmagory series.
- #2: Dory Fantasmagory: The Real True Friend (Hardcover): $16.99
- #3: Dory Fantasmagory: Dory Dory Black Sheep (Hardcover): $16.99
- #4: Dory Fantasmagory: Head in the Clouds (Hardcover): $15.99
- #5: Dory Fantasmagory: Tiny Tough (Hardcover): $16.99
Move over, Junie B. Jones and Ivy & Bean! Here comes a lovably energetic little sister with a BIG personality—and an imagination to match!
As the youngest in her family, Dory really wants attention, and more than anything she wants her brother and sister to play with her. But she’s too much of a baby for them, so she’s left to her own devices—including her wild imagination and untiring energy. Her siblings may roll their eyes at her childish games, but Dory has lots of things to do: outsmarting the monsters all over the house, moving into the closet, and exacting revenge on her sister’s favorite doll. And when they really need her, daring Dory will prove her bravery, and finally get exactly what she has been looking for.
With plenty of pictures bursting with charm and character, this hilarious book about an irresistible rascal is the new must-read for the chapter book set.
About the Author
Abby Hanlon is a former teacher. Inspired by her students’ storytelling, Abby began to write her own stories for children, and taught herself to draw. She is the author of Ralph Tells a Story. Abby lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and their two children.
A Golden Kite Honor Book for Fiction
ALA/ALSC/YALSA 2015 Notable Children’s Book
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2014
A Kirkus Best Book of 2014
One of Parent’s Magazine's “10 Best Children’s Books” of 2014
An ALSC 2015 Summer Reading List pick
"This book is AMAZING! Perfection of tone, plot, pacing, art, you name it... In a word, fantastico." –Betsy Bird, A Fuse 8 Production Blog
* "...this inventive child is irresistible...Charming, funny, true to life." –Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Time spent with Dory is time well spent." –Publishers Weekly, starred review
* “Readers will laugh at her entertaining antics.” –School Library Journal, starred review